The TA3800 is designed for materials with long measuring ranges like plastics, rubber, and elastomer testing. These extensometers offer a unique design allowing for testing to failure and minimized interaction with the sample.
- May be left on through specimen failure.
- The main body is stationary with only the lightweight traveling heads moving.
- Comes with an adjustable magnetic base for easy mounting.
- Large measuring range to 500 mm.
- Includes a Shunt Calibration System (with units configured to mimic strain gaged sensors) for on-site electrical calibration.
- High accuracy elastomer strain measurement.
Excitation: 5 to 10 VDC recommended, 12 VDC or VAC max.
Output: Either 2 to 8 VDC, depending on model (at 10 VDC input) or 2 to 4 mV/V, nominal, selectable at time of order
Accuracy: ±1 mm (±0.040 inches)
Resolution: 0.2 mm (0.008 inches)
Temperature Range: -40 °C to 100 °C (-40 °F to 210 °F)
Cable: Integral, ultra-flexible cable, 2.5 m (8 ft) standard
Operating Force: 80 grams typical per head
Common Standards: ASTM D412
20.0 mm -020M
25.0 mm -025M
50.0 mm -050M
+250 mm -250M
+500 mm -500M