The TA3542 Extensometer is designed for use with a variety of materials including materials, including metals, plastics, and composites. This is a general use strain gauge extensometer for axial tensile and compression. Featuring a gauge length from 10 to 80 mm and full-scale measuring ranges from 5% to 100% strain.
Common Industry Standards:
- ISO 6892-1, 527-2, 527-4, 527-5, 10113
- ASTM E8, E9, D3039, D638, A370, D3552, E517, E646
- May be left on through specimen failure.
- Full bridge, 350 ohm strain gaged design for compatibility with nearly any test system.
- All models can measure both tension and compression.
- Standard quick attach kit allows one-hand mounting to samples.
- All models have mechanical overtravel stops in both directions.
- Replaceable hardened tool steel knife edges – includes one spare set.
- Gauge length adapter kits are available to work with multiple gauge lengths with one extensometer.
- Replaceable arms and spacers for easy repair.
- High and low-temperature options extend operation from as low as -270 °C to +200 °C (-454 °F to +400 °F).
- Includes Shunt Calibration System for on-site electrical calibration.
Excitation: 5 to 10 VDC recommended, 12 VDC or VAC max.
Output: 2 to 4 mV/V, nominal, depending on model
Linearity: ≤0.15% of full scale measuring range
Temperature Range: Standard (-ST) is -40 °C to +100 °C (-40 °F to 210 °F)
Cable: Integral, ultra-flexible cable, 2.5 m (8 ft) standard
Standard Quick Attach Kit: Fits round samples up to 25 mm (1.0 inch) diameter and flats up to 12 mm thick by 31 mm wide (0.5 inch by 1.25 inch); attach to larger specimens using rubber bands or springs (included)
Operating Force: 30 g typical
10.0 mm -010M
12.0 mm -012M
12.5 mm -0125M
25.0 mm -025M
50.0 mm -050M
80.0 mm -080M
% strain #