Thwing-Albert’s ZDT Tester is a compact, precision PC-controlled instrument that measures the internal fiber bond strength of paper, paperboard, liner board and coated fine papers. Z-Directional force provides an indication of expected material performance relating to glue-bonding of carton corners and seams, delamination, and the use of high tack coatings. The ZDT Tester is a fully automated instrument that performs sample compression, dwell time and ZDT according to TAPPI T541. A self-adjusting test platen ensures uniform tension is applied to pull the sample apart.
- The Z-Directional Tester is a compact computer-controlled precision instrument
- Measures the internal fiber bond strength of paper, paperboard, liner board and coated fine papers
- Fully automated instrument that performs sample compression, dwell time and ZDT
- A self-adjusting test platen ensures uniform tension is applied to pull the sample apart
- Adheres to industry standards: TAPPI T541 and ISO 15754
All electronics and controls are fully integrated into the test frame. No external control boxes or additional PC interface cards are required enabling the connection to a standard PC with a USB.
In order to maximize efficient use of lab space, the ZDT Tester is only 410 mm (16 in) wide and 432 mm (17 in) deep. A magnetic test-control keypad is easily moved to provide the most ergonomic positioning for the operator. Other benefits include one-touch auto-zero and a software-based automatic calibration system.
ZDT application software, provided with the unit, utilizes MAP™, a Windows®-based materials testing software package. MAP™ software comes equipped with a script to run the ZDT test and enables users to quickly set up test parameters including compression force, speed, dwell time, and length of the test.
The software also provides advanced capabilities for database management and reporting. Test comment fields allow the operator to enter information after the completion of the test indicating test failure or other pertinent details. ZDT software will automatically write result data to other software packages including Access™ and Excel™.
- ZDT test MAP software included
- Conforms to TAPPI T541
Internal Bond Strength of Paperboard
- Conforms to ISO 15754
- One USB interface to a PC
- No PC Interface cards
- Serial load cell interface
- Self-adjusting test platen
- Automatic electronic calibration
- Movable test control panel
- Side electronics panel for easy serviceability
Current Model 1900-2013 (Previous Model 1750-2013)