The Film Blocking Fixture is used to meet ASTM D3354 Blocking Testing of Plastic Film. It is designed to fit the Vantage Series of universal testing machines.
The blocking load by parallel plate method:
- Using two plastic blocks the two layers of film are inserted between them
- One layer of film is attached to the upper block and the other layer is attached to the lower block
- The upper and lower blocks are slowly separated
- The film layers are then pulled apart at a constant speed until separated
- The force to separate the layers of the film is recorded in real-time