The Gurley 4171 Digital Bending Resistance Tester consists of a balanced pendulum that is center-pivoted and can be weighted at three points below its center.
The bending resistance/stiffness testers measure the force required to bend a wide variety of materials under controlled and repeatable conditions.
This force may be equated to stiffness, resilience, flexibility or pliability, depending on the nature of the material and purpose of the test.
There are 15 possible specimen sizes and a range of thicknesses up to 6 mm.
A complete set of accessory weights (5, 25, 50 and200 grams) as well as a calibration strip, are included as standard.
FLAT SHEET MODEL
Digital Bending Resistance/Stiffness Tester with RS-232 serial communications port and parallel clamp.
* All flat sheet models meet industry standards TAPPI #T543 and ASTM D6125-97
A sample of a specific size is attached to a clamp. A driving gear aligns the sample 15° to the left or the right and moves it over a balanced pendulum. The configuration of this pendulum is registered by a high-resolution encoder.
The requested force for the configuration of the pendulum determines the appropriate bending resistance/stiffness measurement.
The sensitivity of the pendulum can be adjusted with different weights. The results can be read on the display in force (grams or millinewton), which then can be multiplied by a constant for bending moment(gram-centimeters or millinewton-meters).
- Capable of evaluating more different sample sizes, weights, and thicknesses than any other similar instrument
- Robust rocker switch for motor control
- Keypad buttons for setting parameters
- Display of deflection and force values simultaneously
- RS232 Serial Port (Included Standard)
- Meets the most rigorous accuracy and sensitivity requirements
- Simple to operate, require virtually no maintenance
- Output in Gurley units (milligrams), grams, centimeters and millinewton meters
- gen. manufacturing control (testing packaging, cards, containers, wire, tubing, plastic and metal parts)
- medical manufacturing (testing adhesive bandages, laminated or coated materials, catheters)
- textile testing (effect of laundering, filling, starching or coating)
- research (product development & quality control)
- chemical, temperature and other treatments (effect of softening, stiffening, radiation and environmental exposure)
- custom applications
- Software available
20.5″ H x 13.375″D x 9.25″ W
Power Options: 115V, 50Hz or 115V, 60Hz