They Rycolab Puncture Tester (RL-PT-A) is used For measuring the required energy to puncture corrugated board and cardboard.
The test consists of puncturing a board sample with a triangular pyramid-shaped puncture head, which is fixed to a pendulum. The required energy for the puncture head to cross the sample completely is measured. This means, to do the initial puncture, tear and open the board.
- Pendulum with arm in circular arc shape (90º).
- Puncture head in triangular pyramid shape (under specifications of international standards).
- Collar with soft adjustment to the puncture head basis.
- Exchangeable load weights:
A, B, C and D to select the work range.
- Pendulum releasing mechanism with security system.
- Security protection covers.
- Sample fixing clamps with regulable holding pressure.
- Microprocessor controlled.
- Control panel with 4 buttons and an alphanumerical display of liquid crystal glass.
- Easy and intuitive operation of the control menu.
- Statistical control: Mean value, standard deviation.
- CE mark.
- 4 work ranges (Joules):
0 – 6 J with resolution of 0,025 J
0 – 12 J with resolution of 0,050 J
0 – 24 J with resolution of 0,100 J
0 – 48 J with resolution of 0,200 J
- RS232 Port
- Electric: 220/110V, 50/60Hz
- Dimensions (W x L x H):
1050 x 500 x 1220mm, 250 kg
1380 x 810 x 1400mm, 350 kg
ISO 3036, TAPPI T803, DIN 53 142, FEFCO Nº5, SCAN P23, ASTM D781
Optional Software is available to control the machine, through its RS-232 connection, allows the total control and management of the test, by means of the RYCOLAB software. It will be possible to preset tests, save test results graphical curves, carry out test reports, etc.