- What is the maximum capacity that will be tested? The Vantage 1 goes up to 1kN (225 lbs), the Vantage 2 goes up to 2kN (450 lbs), the Vantage 5 and the QC-3A go up to 5kN (1125 lbs), the Vantage 10 goes up to 10kN (2250 lbs).
- What capacity load cell is required? Load Cells range from 5N-10kN depending on the model.
- How much crosshead travel is required? If dealing with highly elastic materials, a Vantage 36″ model is recommended.
- What type of grips and inserts are required? Thwing-Albert offers Pneumatic. Mechanical, Wedge, and Vice grips are available. The available grip inserts are Smooth, Serrated, Diamond Serrated, Line Contact, and Rubber Covered.
- What kind of results are required? MAP4 is a sophisticated materials testing software and provides the ability to perform more complex testing with customizable reporting.