Jakarta, Indonesia (October 7, 2013) – Thwing-Albert Instrument Company and PT. Batumasindah Shamanukur hosted a customer seminar for the plastics industry. The session focused on common industry ASTM standards and application using Thwing-Albert testing machines. Mr. Steven Berg, VP of Sales and Marketing, was the guest speaker from the Thwing-Albert Instrument Company.
A group of over 70 customers learned about testing procedures and the importance of sample preparation when testing plastic materials. Customers were able to ask questions and learn tips for executing ASTM testing standards for plastic materials ranging from thin films to sheeted materials.
Standards discussed included:
- ASTM D882 - Tensile Properties of Thin Plastic Sheeting
- ASTM D1709 - Impact Resistance of Plastic Film by the Free-Falling Dart Method
- ASTM D1894 - Static and Kinetic Coefficients of Friction of Plastic Film and Sheeting
- ASTM D1922 - Propagation Tear Resistance of Plastic Film and Thin Sheeting by Pendulum Method
- ASTM D3420 - Pendulum Impact Resistance of Plastic Film
- ASTM D6287 - Cutting Film and Sheeting Test Specimens
- ASTM D6988 - Determination of Thickness of Plastic Film Test Specimens
- ASTM F88 - Seal Strength of Flexible Barrier Materials
- F904 - Comparison of Bond Strength or Ply Adhesion of Similar Laminates Made from Flexible Materials
- ASTM F2029 - Making Heatseals for Determination of Heatsealability of Flexible Webs as Measured by Seal Strength
Thwing-Albert recognized PT. Batumasindah Suksesmakmur with an award for commitment to international sales and growth. PT. Batumasindah Suksesmakmur is the exclusive representative for Thwing-Albert in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines.