CeraTek Laboratory Heat Sealers
- CeraTek ASL/1 Heat Sealers (12″ & 24″): CeraTek ASL/1 Heat Sealers contain an open-back frame with independently controlled upper and lower jaws, a digital timer, temperature controller, surface-mounted thermocouples, dual-action cylinders and electronic timer activation. 110-volt, 60 Hz or 220-volt power options are available for 12-inch and 24-inch models.
- CeraTek AS/1 Heat Sealers (12″ & 24″): CeraTek AS/1 Heat Sealers feature an open-back frame that allows for both lateral and front-to-back pass-through capabilities. A cycle-hold mechanism lets the user engage a locking tool to keep the jaws together at the end of a cycle. The standard device includes a 1-inch wide, flat upper sealing die.
- CeraTek AS/2 Heat Sealers (12″ & 24″): CeraTek AS/2 Heat Sealers offer many of the same features as the AS/1 model, plus a programmable pressure alarm with a digital gauge and an inline transducer to monitor pressure. The AS/2 also contains multiple output ports for calibration and process control purposes. Additionally, this model offers upper and lower sealing dies sold separately.
- CeraTek P/3 Pass-Thru Heat Sealer (12″ & 24″): CeraTek P/3 Pass-Thru Heat Sealers are versatile table-top devices that are ideal for medical pouch sealing and other precision sealing applications. The open-frame structure allows for both lateral and front-to-back pass-through capabilities and can seal the pouch at any depth, making it perfect for header bags that require a secondary seal. Optional features include recipe storage, a bar code scanner and pouch sensors for alignment verification.
- CeraTek TA24-ASG/1 Heat Sealer: CeraTek TA24-ASG/1 Heat Sealers come in a 24-inch model with eight independently controlled sections along the heated upper jaw’s length. A 1/8-inch space between each temperature zone decreases heat transfer effects. This device also contains a resettable digital cycle counter and a foot switch to activate the start of the cycle.
- CeraTek TA4-GL/1 Heat Sealer: CeraTek TA4-GL/1 Heat Sealers are gradient hot-bar devices with four temperature zones along the length of the heated upper jaw and four identical sections along the lower jaw. Four inches between each zone minimize heat transfer effects from neighboring zones. The temperature of each of the eight sections is independent through a separate controller.
CeraTek TA808/1 Blister Heat Sealer
The CeraTek TA808/1 Blister Heat Sealer contains a PLC-based control interface indicating seal time and temperature to verify optimal sealing settings. A manual pressure regulator and an analog pressure gauge ensure optimal sealing pressure. This device operates pneumatically as a press-style laboratory sealer and includes lower plate build-ups and rails for superior stability. This sealer is ideal for blister heat applications involving laminated substrates, plastic films and other coated materials.
Heat Sealer Applications
These laboratory heat sealers are available in various configurations and seal die patterns to meet most applications including:
- 12” and 24” seal length
- Flat, serrated and custom sealing dies
- Top heat only
- Top and bottom heated dies
- Gradient heat ranges models
- Dedicated blister sealers and thermoformers
- Adjustable sealing pressure
- Adjustable temperature (up to 400F) and dwell time
CeraTek laboratory heat sealers conform to ASTM F2029 Test Method:
Standard Practices for Making Heatseals for Determination of Heatsealability of Flexible Webs as Measured by Seal Strength.
Contact Thwing-Albert for CeraTek Heat Sealers Today
Thwing-Albert is a global leader in manufacturing advanced testing equipment, including heat sealers and thermoformers, for a broad range of applications. The Thwing-Albert team can help you determine which device is optimal for your specific application. Reach out to us today with questions or to request a quote.