Textile Testing Equipment
Thwing-Albert has several options for testing equipment for textiles, including:
Universal Testing Machines
- VantageNX Tensile Testing Machine: A VantageNX Universal Testing Machine (UTM) can perform several material testing needs, including coefficient of friction, puncture resistance, softness, burst strength, tear resistance, tensile strength and elongation. Thwing-Albert has many fixtures and grips available to support these tests by holding the fabric sample and more. The VantageNX machine is compatible with the MAP4 software for further testing.
- QC-3A Universal Testing Machine:QC-3A UTM is a reliable testing platform for tests such as peel analysis, coefficient of friction, compression and tensile strength. The frame provides up to 1,100 pounds of tensile force with accurate control. With its dust resistance features, this UTM can be installed on the production floor.
Elmendorf Tear Testing Machines
- Electronic Elmendorf ProTear: The Electronic Elmendorf ProTear evaluates tear resistance in textile materials. This instrument features two pendulums with various augmenting weights to support several capacity configurations. With MAP4 software, technicians can calculate tear strength throughout testing for real-time analysis.
- Mechanical Elmendorf: A Mechanical Elmendorf has the same pendulum configuration as our Electronic Elmendorf without the electronic components. It can measure Elmendorf tear strength with a capacity of 400 to 6,400 grams, meeting industry standards from ISO, ASTM and TAPPI.
- Heavy Duty Electronic ProTear: The Heavy Duty Electronic ProTear uses the same software as the Electronic ProTear instrument and has the capability to test up to 25,600 grams.
ProGage Thickness Tester
The ProGage Thickness Tester measures thickness in textile materials with extreme accuracy. The precision micrometer and dual-speed pressure foot perform 20 test cycles per minute for highly precise readings. Technicians can configure the pressure foot and other factors to meet specific test standards.
The Handle-O-Meter is an instrument that measures the combined effects of surface friction and flexibility for textiles. This data provides a quantifiable measurement for softness using the MAP4 software. This data also supports the performance of the material in the production processes. This instrument includes 100-gram and 1,000-gram beams to support different testing needs.
Taber Abraser (1700 / 1750)
The Taber Rotary Abrasion Tester uses abrasive wheels to test the rub wear of the textile. The wheels leave abrasion marks on the fabric, revealing an abrasion resistance pattern from various angles relative to the fabric's grain or weave. This accelerated wear testing is the global standard for evaluating the abrasion resistance of textiles.
Choose Thwing-Albert for Textile Testing Equipment
Contact Thwing-Albert for a free quote or to learn more about our testing equipment for textiles.