Foil Testing Equipment and Accessories
Thwing-Albert offers a comprehensive line of testing equipment for measuring the physical properties of foil and thin sheeted metal materials, including:
- VantageNX Universal Testing Machine: Our VantageNX Universal Testing Machine is a highly versatile instrument for foil testing because of its ability to accurately calculate tensile strength, elongation, coefficient of friction (COF) and more. We offer multiple grip and fixture options to make this machine capable of testing other substrates such as paperboard, plastic film, flexible packaging and textiles. Five different frame designs provide various structural features for enhanced strength and capacity.
- QC-3A Universal Testing Machine: Thwing-Albert's QC-3A Universal Testing Machine implements a digital load controller, an RS-232 interface and enhanced built-in software to make it one of the most trusted economical testers on the market. The QC-3A can measure properties such as compression strength, peel analysis, tensile strength and COF for a wide selection of materials, including foils and thin metals. Three different models offer a range of size and portability options.
- FP-2260 Friction/Peel Tester: Our FP-2260 Friction/Peel Tester sets itself apart from similar machines by having the ability to operate in two separate modes. The COF test mode can measure the static coefficient of friction, kinetic coefficient of friction and slide angle, while the peel testing mode can calculate seal strength and other peel properties. This tester works exceptionally well for materials such as foil, plastics, paperboard, corrugated cardboard and a wide range of other packaging materials.
- ProGage Thickness Tester: The ProGage Thickness Tester sets the industry standard for measuring the thickness of foil and many other substrates. One of the machine's primary features is a dual-speed pressure foot that can perform up to 20 accurate test cycles per minute. This tester has multiple presets that pair with other laboratory instruments for enhanced analysis.
- Taber Abraser (1700/1750): Technicians worldwide recognize the Taber Abraser as the industry standard for evaluating abrasion resistance. Its superior accuracy calculates resistance at each angle relative to the material's grain. We offer models featuring either a single platform or a dual rotary head.
- Alfa Pneumatic Sample Cutters: The 240-15B and 240-7B Alfa Pneumatic Sample Cutters allow you to quickly prepare samples of various foils for use with testing equipment.
- JDC Precision Cutters: JDC Precision Cutters feature dual blades for clean, accurate cuts of sample materials. Model options include 10", 12" and 16" sample sizes.
Contact Thwing-Albert for Foil Testing Equipment Today
When you need foil testing equipment that meets all relevant industry standards, Thwing-Albert can serve your needs. For more than a century, we have been the worldwide manufacturing leader for material testing equipment.
Contact us today to obtain a quote for any of our foil testing equipment. Our staff is also available to answer all your product questions.