Adhesive Performance Testing Equipment
Thwing-Albert offers various testing equipment for measuring the physical properties of adhesives. Some examples include:
- VantageNX Universal Testing Machine: Our VantageNX Universal Testing Machine can perform a wide range of tests for various substrates and materials, including tensile, compressive, shear and peel strength, to evaluate adhesion properties. The VantageNX is available in both single and dual column configurations with frame capacities of 1, 2, 5 and 10 kN. Coupled with our powerful MAP4 Software and extensive line of load cells and test fixtures, the VantageNX provides a versatile testing platform.
- QC-3A Universal Testing Machine: The Thwing-Albert QC-3A Universal Testing Machine is a cost-effective universal materials tester offering dedicated testing capabilities for tensile, compression and peel adhesion testing. This instrument is ideal for routine testing and does not need a computer interface for test setup and result reporting.
- FP-2260 Friction/Peel Tester: Our FP-2260 Friction/Peel Tester offers complete testing capabilities to easily and accurately measure peel adhesion and bond strength of materials up to 22 lbf (10 kgf) in strength. This is an ideal platform to measure low strength materials, such as pressure sensitive tapes and flexible packaging, while offering a high level of versatility with the availability of specialized test fixtures including a heated test platen.
Adhesive Testing Fixtures and Grips
The correct fixture and grip selection is a critical part of the adhesive testing process because it ensures complete stability during the entire procedure. Among the primary factors to consider when choosing grips for adhesive testing are opening distance, load capacity and the grip face's abrasiveness. We recommend pneumatic grips to provide consistency by producing equal pressure across the sample's surface.
All of our grips are compatible with our universal materials testing equipment. We can also manufacture custom fixtures and grips to meet the requirements of specific applications.
Some examples of the fixtures we supply for adhesive testing include:
Adhesive Testing Sample Preparation Tools
The proper preparation of the sample material prior to testing is critical to ensure accurate and repeatable test data. We offer the following accessories to aid in your sample preparation needs.
- FINAT Weighted Roller: The FINAT Weighted Roller meets the requirements of FINAT standard 2.1 for applying even amounts of force when testing pressure-sensitive tapes.
- PSTC/ASTM Weighted Roller: We offer our PSTC/ASTM Weighted Roller in three different weights to meet the ASTM and PSTC industry standards for sample preparation in peel testing applications.
- JDC Precision Sample Cutter: This cutter will ensure that your samples are prepared to the exact width required quickly, accurately and safely.
- MTT Strip Cutter: Economical hand cutter to prepare sample strips of either 1" of 15 mm wide.
Choose Thwing-Albert for Your Adhesive Testing Equipment Needs Today
To learn more about our adhesive testing equipment and how it can benefit your operation, contact us today. Our team is standing by to provide you with a price quote and answer all your product questions.