Corrugated Packaging Testing Equipment
Thwing-Albert offers a broad range of testing equipment for measuring the physical properties of corrugated materials that include tensile and shear strength, compressive/crush resistance, burst strength, score strength/quality, surface smoothness and abrasion resistance. In addition, we offer a comprehensive line of sample creation and preparation tools. These instruments are designed for both complete corrugated material and the liner board and medium used to construct them. Model types include:
Universal Testers and Supplemental Tools
- VantageNX Universal Testing Machine: Our line of VantageNX Universal Testing Machines is one of the most versatile and durable testing options available for measuring critical corrugated board properties such as tensile, compression, flexural and adhesion strength along with the coefficient of friction.
- QC-3A Universal Testing Machine: Thwing-Albert's QC-3A Universal Testing Machine is one of the industry's most cost-effective devices for determining tensile, compression, coefficient of friction (COF) and peel analysis.
- TA3540 Deflectometer: Our TA3540 Deflectometer is designed for use with our VantageNX Universal Testing Machines and provides a means to accurately measure the deflection during a flexural test of corrugated board material.
- Score Quality Fixture: Our Score Quality Fixture pairs with our VantageNX Universal Testing Machines or 1270 PCA Score Bend Tester to measure the score quality of corrugated containers.
Burst Strength Testers
- BT-21 Burst Strength Tester: The BT-21 Burst Strength Tester can ascertain the critical components of the corrugated board such as bursting strength, burst index and absolute strength.
- RL-BT-A (Paper and Paperboard): The Rycolab RL-BT-A Burst Tester measures the bursting strength of paper and paperboard using the MULLEN method.
- RL-BT-C (Paperboard and Corrugated): The Ryclolab RL-BT-C uses the MULLEN method to calculate the bursting strength of corrugated board and paperboard.
- Crush Tester (RL-CT-A): The Rycolab Crush Tester calculates the compression strength of corrugated board and paperboard using CCT, Edge Crush Test (ECT), Ring Crush Test (RCT) and Pin Adhesion Test (PAT) methods.
- CT-21 Crush Tester: The Regmed CT-21 Crush Tester can perform corrugated board tests involving edge crush, ring crush, flat crush and pin adhesion.
- Box Compression Tester (RL-BCT-A): The Rycolab Box Compression Tester measures the compression strength of boxes and cartons to evaluate their abilities to withstand specific loads.
- Short Span Compression Tester (SCT-21): The Short Span Compression Tester measures the short-span compression strength of the medium and linerboard as part of evaluating compressive resistance and stacking performance.
Friction, Score Bend and Opening Force Testers
- FP-2260 Friction/Peel Tester: Our FP-2260 Friction/Peel Tester is a horizontal instrument ideal for measuring the coefficient of friction and peel/seal strength analysis. This instrument can be configured with a wide range of test fixtures and can perform various tests for corrugated materials, including static, COF, kinetic COF, T-peel tests and various bond/seal strength tests.
- 1270 PCA Score Bend and Opening Force Tester: Thwing-Albert's 1270 PCA Score Bend and Opening Force Tester is used to measure score strength and score quality, opening force, spring-back and coefficient of friction. These are all critical parameters to provide valuable information during the converting process, especially for gluing and sealing operations.
- Electronic Elmendorf Tear Tester: Our Electronic Elmendorf ProTear provides an accurate and easy means to measure the tear resistance of paper materials per the Elmendorf methods. Features include interchangeable pendulums, pneumatic samples clamps and pneumatic pendulum release, digital display and optional automatic pendulum return.
- Mechanical Elmendorf: Our Mechanical Elmendorf is similar to the Electronic Elmendorf ProTear without pneumatic and electronic automation.
- Pneumatic Strip Cutter: The Model CAP Pneumatic Strip Cutter is valuable for preparing precise corrugated board samples for testing.
- 175B Circular Sample Cutter: Use the 175B cutter to prepare samples for basis weight and flat crush testing.
Other Testing Equipment
- ProGage Thickness Tester: Our ProGage Thickness Tester utilizes advanced technology to accurately and quickly measure the thickness of a broad range of corrugated materials.
- Concora Medium Fluter (RL-CMF-A): The Concora Medium Fluter prepares medium-range corrugated specimens to perform Corrugated Crush Tests (CCT) and Corrugated Medium Tests (CMT) on a standardized crush tester.
- Gurley™ 4340 Automatic Densometer and Smoothness Tester: The Gurley™ 4340 Automatic Densometer and Smoothness Tester measures the air-permeability, porosity and smoothness of corrugated board and other materials.
- Taber Abraser (1700/1750): The Taber Abraser is among the most accurate devices in the industry for determining the surface abrasion resistance of corrugated materials.
- Wet Shear Tester (RL-WST-A): The Rycolab Wet Shear Tester calculates the time of shear for glue in a corrugated board sample submerged in water.
Contact Thwing-Albert for Corrugated Board Testing Equipment Today
Contact us today for additional information or a price quote on our corrugated board testing equipment.