The Rycolab Burst Tester is designed for measuring the bursting strength of paper, paperboard and corrugated according to the MULLEN method.
RL-BT-A for Paper and Paperboard
Range: 70 kPa to 1,100 kPa (10 to 160 psi)
Applicable Standards – Bursting Strength
ISO 2758, TAPPI T403, BS 3137, SCAN P24
This machine has a built in touchscreen and a sturdy aluminum frame. The device is equipped with 1 measuring head for bottom measurement of the bursting strength with a measuring range up to 5000 kPa and an accuracy of +/-1% of the displayed value. Clamping force for the sample holder is adjustable between 1000N and 7500N. Maximum sample height is 12 mm. Results can display burst value as BEA (Burst Energy Absorption). The tester can also run an automatic test cycle with break detection returning to start position.
The sample is placed in the measuring area. Press start on the touch screen to begin the test, the acrylic glass protection cover lowers and then the clamping bell lowers and holds the sample. Glycerin under the membrane is compressed and the membrane is pressed against the sample. When the sample breaks, the hydraulic cylinder stops and returns to starting position. The protection cover and the clamp are opened automatically. The maximum pressure is shown on the display as breaking force.
Ideal for testing paper, paperboard and corrugated materials.
- Flow rate of glycerin acc. ISO 2758:95 +/- 5ml
- Lower clamp diameter is 33.1mm
- Pneumatic clamping force adjustable between 1000N and 7500N
- Electricity: 110-230V, 50-60Hz ACAir: 600 kPa
- Instrument Dimensions (W x D x H):
360 x 600 x 530 mm (14.25 x 24 x 21 in)
- Shipping Dimensions (W x D x H):
840 x 600 x 790 mm (33 x 24 x 32 in)
- Touch screen with graphical burst strength results
- Measure up to 5000kPa
- Set breaking levels (i.e. 10% of max)
- Memory store top and bottom values
- RS232/USB port for data transfer
- Windows-based software
- USB printer output
- Safety cover lowers before clampEmergency stop button
- Interchangeable clamps and membranes available upon request
- CE mark