The Rycolab RL-CIT-A can integrity tester has been developed to enable the testing of seals in Canned goods. It ensures the seals have been made completely, allowing the manufacturer to be confident about the shelf life and integrity of their product, whilst offering a system of quality traceability.
The can integrity tester maximizes leak detection sensitivity by minimizing the volume surrounding the can. This is achieved by closely matching the diameter and height of the test chamber to each size of Can. And is achieved by supplying individually customized cylinder and disc inserts. The close-fit also protects the Cans from excessive forces generated by the vacuum.
The stainless steel construction makes it ideal for use in a production environment with tested product able to go back onto the packing line. Requiring only air and power, the instrument is switched on, the lid is slid open and is ready to test. Place a Can inside, slide the lid closed to initiate the test, and within a few seconds the panel indicates a pass or fail. A quantitative result is written into the internal log. Logs can be retrieved by connecting via Ethernet, or optional USB, for quality traceability. Different products can be selected on the controller and tested using a product specific test procedure.
The tests are fast – as short as 5 seconds – objective, easy to use, repeatable and reliable. Fast, simple, safe.
- Tests any combination of Can shapes within largest can size (inserts required).
- Protects Can shape and maximizes sensitivity through the use of volume-filling Inserts.
- Rapid testing – from 5-15 seconds for detecting most leaks.
- Simple operation – test initiates from sliding-lid closure.
- Test results shown on lamps: Pass – Fine Fail – Coarse Fail
- Quantitative result on backlit display.
- 20 nameable methods. User programmable to optimize for different sized products.
- Memory – 30 days of results (1 file per day).
On the 31st day, the first days results are cleared. 30 days of tracking the test counters
progress (1 file per 10 days). On the 31st day the first 10 days are cleared.
- Ethernet connection allows periodic upload for mandatory record keeping and trend identification, plus online monitoring via Web Browser.
- Test parameters stored and accessible under password access.
- Setting and control of test times and parameters for keyboard.
- Internal generation of test vacuum from compressed air
(alternatively external vacuum pump).
- High resolution measurement of leak rate.
- Recall of most recent test data to review test parameters
- Calibration menus for pressure.
- Stainless steel construction.
- Requires only mains power and compressed air (or vacuum pump).
- Warranty: 12 months on parts and labor.
- Vacuum pump for air-free environments.
- Power input 115V or 230V AC.
- Trolley mounted version for testing larger packs.
- USB connection for log retrieval.