The package integrity tester (PIT) uses a vacuum method to measure the gas leaking from a wide range of flexible pack types and sizes. Items are placed manually into the unit, and the handle is closed to initiate the test sequence. Results are displayed as a Pass or Fail, along with a quantitative measure of the leakage rate.
The tests are fast – as short as 5 seconds for small packs – objective, easy to use and reliable. They do not stress or inflate the package, are dry and non-destructive. Up to twenty test methods can be programmed and stored with simple access if modifications to test methods are required. For ease of operation and traceability there are menu prompted diagnostic functions and calibration routines. The tester includes test data logging for the past 30 days operation.
- Accepts a wide range of pack sizes and shapes without adjustment
- Rapid testing – From 5-15 seconds for most standard packs
- Simple operation – test initiates with handle closure
- Test results shown on lamps:
Pass – Fine Fail – Coarse Fail
- Quantitative result on backlit display
- Methods/Tests 20 methods (numbered 0 to 19).
User programmable to store for different samples.
- Memory – 30 days of results (1 file per day)
- Allows periodic upload for mandatory record keeping and trend identification.
- Password protected test parameters settings
- Set and control test times or parameters with keypad
- Internal test vacuum using compressed air
- High resolution measurement of leak rate
- Recall of most recent test data to review test parameters
- Calibration port for pressure and leak rate
- Stainless steel construction
- Accepts items up to 400 x 300mm (depending on the thickness)
- Compressed air consumption: 60 L/min intermittent
- Power consumption: 50 Watts
- Shipping weight : 35 Kgs
- Vacuum pump and reservoir for highest testing speeds
- Power input 115V or 230V AC
- Trolley mounted version for testing larger samples