The Rycolab PFI Laboratory Mill is used in the laboratory for the beating of chemical pulps under standardized conditions and also for the desfibration of semi-digested
raw material fibers.
A weighted and disintegrated amount of pulp is put inside the housing. This operation must be done manually, placing the pulp along the housing wall. The roll is lowered and introduced into the housing. The security cover is also put. After pushing the Test button, the test initiates. The housing will turn at 710 r.p.m and the roll (with its 33 blades) at 1458± 30 r.p.m, both in the same sense. The roll exerts a pressure of 3,33 N/mm against the housing wall, where the pulp is located. This way, due to the pressure applied between the housing wall and the roll blades, the pulp is refined. The refining times vary from 2 to 10 minutes (depending on the type of pulp). After having rotated the preselected revolutions, the roll and the housing stop and the refining process ends. Finally, the roll is situated in the centered initial position and the refined pulp is extracted to measure the freeness of the pulp ºSR or CSF.
- The roll, the housing and the body of the machine are manufactured in stainless steel.
- The machine is capable to refine between 5-40 g of pulp in concentrations from 5 to 50 %. (max. 450 ml in suspen sion).
- High versatility due to an easy operation and low amount of pulp (30 g).
- Excellent repeatability. Adequate to be used in quality control and investigation.
- Security element for machine and operator protection (CE mark).
- Ascent and descent of the roll by means of automatic maneuver.
- Refine pressure by means of load weights.
- Easy to operate. With pre-selection of the number of revolutions of the roll.
- Pneumatic movement of the roll-head, for loading, and once the refine is finished, for unloading to the rest position. Automatic switching off of the motors, which allows the operator to carry out other tasks simultaneously.
- Time, absorbed power in Watts (continuous measure) and consumed energy in KW per hour calculations during the refining process.
- Distance screw for adjusting the separation between the roll and the housing during the grinding process.
- The draining system incorporated for sample collection after the test.
- Modern design (ergonomic). High functionality, with all the operating elements integrated in a front and elevated control panel.
- Optional electric and frequency characteristics. Consult your provider.
- Each PFI Mill is checked and calibrated with standard reference pulps (Paprican Institute Canada or KCL Institute). If it is desired the calibration with other pulps, must be indicated in the order. It will be necessary to send a sample of the desired pulp.
- Electric: Three-phase 400 V, 50 Hz (other requirements must be specified in the order).
- Air supply: 6 Bar
- Weight and dimensions
770 x 600 x 1730mm (WxLxH)
ISO 5264/2, DIN-EN 25 264-2, SCAN C24, TAPPI T248, PAPTAC C7