Measures the rate of drainage of a diluted pulp suspension. The drainage rate is related to the surface conditions and swelling of the fibers. It is widely used to track the changes in the drainage rate of various chemical pulps during beating and refining. The Pneumatic Canadian Standard Freeness Tester (CF-21) is designed to give a measure of the drainability of a pulp suspension in water. The %u201Cfreeness%u201D of pulp, or drainage rate, is related to the surface conditions and swelling of the fibers and is a measurable index of the refining degree of pulps.
The Canadian Freeness is used worldwide for determination of the drainability of pulp suspensions.
The drainability is the measurable index of the efficiency of refining process.
The refining of pulps is one of the most important stages in the paper production process and because it consumes much energy and influences strongly the sheet forming and its physical properties.
Applicable to all kind of pulps in aqueous suspension.
The CF-21 is designed for bench top installation and includes leveling feet and precision bull-eye level.
All pneumatically driven lids for the drainage chamber ensure simple, accurate and quick operation with maximum comfort meeting modern requirements for health and well-being of users.
- Complies with TAPPI T227,SCAN C21/65, ISO 5267/2
- Stainless steel and chromed bronze-cast components provide ruggedness needed for usual intensive routine of Q.C. Tests.
- Calibrated standard screen plate – FP Innovations (PAPRICAN)
- Device CF-DR used to remove the fibers from the drainage chamber. Fitted with pneumatic vacuum generator.
- Consistency cups for quick preparation of 1L testing fraction of pulp suspension
- Dimensions (W x L x H): 350 x 500 x 900 mm
- Weight: 36 kgs