Thwing-Albert offers steel rule Alfa Dies in many shapes and sizes to prepare samples for materials testing.
Standard Die Features
Blade Height: 4.6 mm
Board Height: 19.2 mm
Overall Die Height: 23.8 mm
The maximum sample size depends on the Alfa Cutter model you have, and the linear inches (Simply add the sides of the sample). See below:
- Model 240-7B Pneumatic– 44 linear inches = 11″ x 11″ maximum sample.
- Model 240-15B Pneumatic – 10″ x 22″ sample is the maximum sample size.
- Model 240-10 Electro-Hydraulic– 48 linear inches = 12″ x 12″ maximum sample.
Request dies to cut geometric samples such as squares, rectangles, circles, special shapes like dog bone or dumbbell. Multiple sample configurations are available for additional charges. These dies are wooden boards with a cutting blade placed to form the sample design.
- Geometric Samples (i.e. square or rectangle)
- Circular Samples
- Dog Bone or Dumbbell
- Custom Configurations (i.e. multiple samples)
When requesting a quotation please provide your configuration specifications so an accurate quote can be completed.