- The QC-3A 10″ Universal Materials Tensile Tester is a single screw machine that upholds the standards of Thwing-Albert’s QC line while adding the functionality of a RS-232 interface, a digital load controller and enhanced software
- Ideal for tensile, compression, coefficient of friction and peel analysis, the QC-3A is an extremely flexible, cost-effective tensile tester.
- The single-screw frame provides up to 1100 Ibs (5 kN/500kg) tensile force with extremely accurate control throughout the entire load range.
- The QC-3A is the ideal unit for a production floor environment as is resistant to dust and displays a peak force reading on the digital display.
Thwing-Albert’s QC Electronic Materials Testers provide quality solutions and have earned a well-deserved reputation as an easy-to-use, dependable testing platform. The QC-3A upholds the standards of the QC line while adding the functionality of a RS-232 interface, a digital load controller and enhanced software. Ideal for tensile, compression, coefficient of friction and peel analysis, the QC-3A is an extremely flexible, cost-effective testing system. The single-screw frame provides up to 1100 lbs (5kN/500 kg) tensile force with extremely accurate control throughout the entire load range. The digital load controller ensures extremely accurate, reliable test data.
The QC-3A has a serial port that enables test data to be automatically downloaded to a PC for database and graphing purposes.
The software maintains the functionality of previous versions with several enhancements. The software allows you to set distance and load traps when testing in the tensile or compression modes. Other advantages include the ability to pre-load a sample and set dual speeds: one for pre-test and one for test.
- Menu-driven software
- RS-232 PC interface
- Distance & load traps
- Digital load controller
- Fixed and variable crosshead speeds
- Pretest speed to selectable force
- Load cell unit conversions
- Statistical analysis
Grips and Fixtures
Your QC tester will accomplish a wide range of tests when fitted with optional grips and fixtures. Specialized grips enable you to test paper, plastics, textiles, fibers and foils. Fixtures permit compression, flexural rigidity, peel, friction and other tests.
A wide range of precision load cell are available for compression and tensile testing needs. Capacities include: 0 – 2000 gm (19.57 N /4.4 lbs), 0 – 5000 gm (49 N / 11 lbs), 0 – 10kg (98 N / 22 lbs), 0 – 20 kg (195 N / 44 lbs),0-50 kg (489 N / 110 lbs), 0 – 100 kg (978 N /220 lbs), 0-200 kg (1957 N / 440 lbs), 0-500 kg(4901 N / 1102 lbs)