The ProGage Touch Thickness Tester is a precision deadweight micrometer. Its advanced technology enables quick and accurate measurement of sheeted materials such as paper, plastic film,
tissue and toweling, nonwovens, and textiles.
Featuring a color touchscreen and an intuitive user interface, operators can perform tests and report critical data quickly. A variable speed motor provides increased testing throughput with up to 20 tests per minute (based on configuration) while maintaining a high degree of accuracy. The rigid design guarantees exceptional parallelism, stability, and precise calibration.
The mechanical configuration features a weighted lever design reducing the amount of pressure applied to a specimen. This is significant when measuring the thickness properties of materials that can be influenced by varying pressures such as high loft nonwovens and paper tissue products.
The ProGage offers customizable parameters including measurement speed, dwell time, opening distance and return speed to allow the operator to meet specific methods or create and save custom setups. This feature proves beneficial when testing necessitates the capability to swap pressure feet to comply with various materials or standards.
To ensure data integrity and security, the ProGage offers password protected user profiles to limit access to specific screen views and lock the ability to modify parameters. Statistical data is displayed instantly upon the press of a single button, allowing for swift and comprehensive analysis.
- Touchscreen interface
- Interchangeable pressure feet and augmenting weights
- Variable speed motor – up to 20 tests/min
- Rigid frame for zero & parallelism stability
- Store up to 99 samples
- Results: Avg, Hi, Lo, Std Dev
- Single or continuous test mode
- Easy unit conversion: mil, μm, mm, in
- Adjustable opening distance between the pressure foot and anvil
- Send data direct to USB flash drive
- PC connectivity via USB port
- MAP4 Software compatible
- PC compatible, RS-232 port Standard Pressure Feet:
- Paper Foot: 0.630” (16mm) Dia, 50.33 kPa
- Film Foot: 0.250” (6.35 mm) Dia, 51.71 kPa
- Film Foot: 0.250” (5.35 mm) Dia, 172.4 kPa
- Tissue Foot: 1.406” (35.7 mm) Dia, 2.0 kPa
- Nonwoven Foot: 2.221” (56.4mm) Dia, 0.5 kPa
- Other feet can be made to meet a wide variety of sizes and weights.
- ASTM D374, ASTM D645, ASTM D1777, ASTM D6988
- BS3983, BS4817, BS3983, BS4817
- DIN 53105, DIN 53353
- EDANA 30.4-89, EN20534
- ISO 534 Preferred Method, ISO 3034, ISO 4593, ISO 12625-3
- TAPPI T411
- Can be configured to meet most thickness standards.
Data Acquisition Software (DAS) – Simplified Analysis
Data Acquisition Software (DAS) is a Windows® based optional software package that provides the ability to collect data and perform additional statistical analysis. DAS enables you to plot results in real time against defined limits, generate semi-custom reports and export test data to other spreadsheet packages for further management.
MAP4 Software – Advanced Analysis
The option to add MAP4 software enhances data analysis and reporting capabilities of the ProGage Touch. In addition to reporting the thickness of the material, MAP4 provides insight as to how the sample thickness changes during the dwell time.
- Intuitive user interface to simplify testing
- Easily create/modify/save test setups
- Automatic graphical analysis of each test
- Search and recall historical data
- User defined tracking variables
- Calculated Statistics: avg, max, min, std dev, variance
- Preset password protected user profiles
- Automatic data export to Excel
Sample Feeder – Optional
An automatic strip feeder is available for crossreel profiling and roll or strip feeding. It can accommodate samples up to 7 inches (177.8 mm) wide. The distance the sample is fed between tests can be set from 0 to 20.0 inches (0 to 50.8 cm). The feeder rate is 3.33 inches/sec (84.6 mm/sec).
Printer – Optional
A compact 40 Column Printer is available to provide a quick and convenient means to print test reports.
Foot Switch – Optional
A foot actuated control enables the user to start a test with one press of the foot switch thereby keeping the hands free to insert test samples.