- The 1270 PCA measures the force to open or bend paperboard and scored paper carton.
- Force data is vital for accurately configuring machinery that controls cartons on form, fill and seal lines and to analyze carton performance for runnability and quality control.
- Maintaining identical package specifications between the producer and the packager has also shown to be of mutual benefit for increasing savings in less reworks, rejects and down-time.
Versatile Paperboard & Carton Testing
The 1270 PCA measures the force to open or bend paperboard and scored paper carton. Force data is vital for accurately configuring machinery that controls cartons on form, fill and seal lines and to analyze carton performance for runnability and quality control.
The ability to predetermine settings in the production of cartons can increase overall efficiency. Maintaining identical package specifications between the producer and the packager has also shown to be of mutual benefit for increasing savings in less reworks, rejects and down-time. The 1270 PCA also measures spring back after folding providing critical information for sealing or gluing operations.
Opening Force - Measures the maximum force required to open a flat folded carton along score lines.
Bending Force - An optional bending fixture measures the maximum force to bend a carton sample up to 90°. Measure bending stiffness, score ratio of scored vs unscored paperboard and carton fold springback force.
Coefficient of Friction (COF) - Model 1270 PCA includes necessary software to measure static and kinetic coefficient of friction.
- Software Includes:
- Opening Force, Bending Force & COF Test Modes
- Statistics include average, high, low and standard deviation
- Spring Back of Fold Test
- Score ratio test mode of scored vs unscored paperboard
- Test result and curve data for PC interface
- Optional Data Acquisition Software Program
- Auto-zero & Semi-automatic calibration
- Automatic return with overload protection
- RS-232 interface
- Meets TAPPI Standard T577
The Bending Fixture uses a pneumatic clamp that is operated with a foot-control pedal. Pneumatic clamping ensures a secure hold and a higher repeatability then manual clamping. The bending plate exerts the force required to bend the sample up to 90 degrees. A set of three reference plates are included that are used to verify accuracy.
Consists of a sample platform and sled. The platform provides a travel distance of 203 mm (8 inches). The platform quickly mounts to a support plate above the bending fixture which minimizes time to switch between bending and COF testing. (Part # 1270-3009)
Note: also referenced as the PCA Scorebend Tester
|Model Name||1270 PCA Score Bend Tester|
|Industry||Corrugated, Foils/Metals, Food Testing, Medical, Packaging, Paperboard|
|Safety Features||Overload protection system - Electronic | Angle over-travel limit switch | Load cell incorporates mechanical limit stops | Upward and downward motion limit switches | Emergency stop button|
|Force Reading Accuracy||10% to 100% Load Capacity: ±0.25% Measuring Value | Less then 10% Load Capacity: ±0.025% of Load Cell Capacity|
|Force Units||grams, ounces, pounds, newtons, kilograms (selectable)|
|Testing Property||Bending Resistance, Opening Force, Coefficient of Friction, Score Bend|
|Sample Size - Bending Force Mode||Up to 152,4 mm (6 in) sample width | Up to 6,35 mm (0.25 in) sample thickness|
|Sample Size - Opening Force Mode||From 25,4 to 457,2 mm (1in to 18 in) when flat|
|Air Pressure Requirements||75 psi/5.2 bar|
|Distance Units||inches, centimeters, millimeters (selectable)|
|Output||RS-232, Parallel Port, Chart Recorder|
|Position Measurement Accuracy||0.1% of full scale distance|
|Power Requirements||110V 50 or 60Hz|
|Power Consumption||Operating: 33 W Stand by: 28 W|
|Fuse Rating||6 amp at 110 V, 60 Hz | 3 amp at 220 V, 50 Hz|
|Load Cell||500g, 20N, 50N, 100N|
|List of Standards||TAPPI T577|
|Crosshead Speed||5 - 500 mm/min (0.2 - 20 in/min)|
You may also be interested in the following product(s)