The Taber Stiffness Tester evaluates material stiffness, flexural strength, resiliency and elasticity properties of a wide range of products.
- Factory calibrated to accuracy of ±1% full scale
- Includes calibration specimen 62
- Ratchet stop roller
- Auto / Manual modes
- Real-time clock and calendar
- RS-232 port
- 16-button control panel
- Integral weight storage
- 110/220 V 50/60 Hz operation
- CE approved
Computer Automated Testing.
A two directional pendulum-type weighing system works in conjunction with a high resolution optical encoder and a non-contacting photo sensor to make this instrument fully automatic. The sample is held in the specimen jaws and force is applied to the lower end by a pair of rollers attached to the driving disc. The resulting torque tilts the pendulum from its vertical position and a Taber Stiffness Unit reading is taken automatically when the pendulum mark aligns with the appropriate driving disc mark (7.5° or 15°). Predetermined sample length, deflection angle and rate of loading provide accurate and reproducible test results.
The internal computer calculates and records testing data including: average; standard deviation; high/low; time; date; and a user defined label. Stiffness readings are automatically converted to the user-defined stiffness range, eliminating the need to manually multiply results by a scaling factor. Results are displayed on the built-in monitor and, with the accessory ports, can be printed, stored or downloaded to a PC.
Wide Range of Applications.
Nine unique set-ups enable the testing of very delicate to rigid materials including paper, foil, film, plastic, cardboard, wire and other flexible materials up to 5.5 mm (0.219 in) thick that do not exceed 10,000 Taber Stiffness Units. Weights are provided in 500, 1000 and 2000 units and an auxiliary range weight set (3000 and 5000 units) is available.
- High Sensitivity Attachment — Used to test extremely lightweight materials.
- Triple Cut Specimen Shear — Prepares consistent samples for most materials up to 0.020" in thickness (1 ½" x 1 ½" or 1 ½" x 2 ¾").
- Calibration Specimens — Spring steel calibration specimens are available (225, 440, 565 and 1060)
- Auxiliary Range Weight Set — Range 3000 - 5000 Taber units
- Wire / Tube Testing Kit — Securely holds samples up to 4mm max diameter.
Common Industry Standards Included:
ASTM D5342, ASTM D5650, ISO 2493, TAPPI T489, TAPPI T566