The Ink Rub Tester is used worldwide to determine the abrasion resistance of materials and printed materials. Abrasion resistance is a desirable and sometimes critical property of materials printed materials as damage can occur during shipment, storage, handling and end use. It is applicable to labels, folding cartons, corrugated boxes, inserts, circulars and other printed materials having applied graphics on a flat substrate as paper, board, corrugated board, plastic and aluminum film.
- RAS-21 enables selection of speed, number of strokes and temperature of heated base plate.
- New magnetic clamping system ensures simple and safe fixation for test pieces on test sled and base.
- Plexiglass protection with safety interlock that interrupts movement if opened during test.
- Rotary dual test bed offers on opposite sides non-heatable & heatable test surfaces, ensuring fast & safe switch between hot & cold tests.
- Standards: ASTM D5264, TAPPI T830
Interchangeable Test Weights:
light (soft rubber-coated) 908 g (2.0 lb), 100 x 50.5 mm
heavy (soft rubber-coated)1816 g (4.0 lb), 100 x 50.5 mm
Test Bed (side 1): Standardized covered with soft rubber
Test Bed (side 2): Non Standarized, without cover, heated up to 70°C
Stroke Speed: 10 to 110 cycles/min
Test Length: 53.5 mm arc
Friction Speed: 20 to 220 mm/s
Number of Cycles: 1-9999
Power Supply: 220 VAC, 200W, 50/60 Hz, single phase
Dimensions: 320 x 560 x 350mm (W x L x H)
Weight: 27 kg