The ProGage utilizes the most advanced technology to quickly and accurately measure the thickness of sheeted materials such as paper, plastic film, tissue and toweling, nonwovens, and textiles. The ProGage features a dual speed pressure foot which enables it to perform up to 20 test cycles per minute (depending on the unit) while maintaining a high degree of accuracy. A newly designed anvil ensures excellent parallelism as well as zero stability and calibration. A wide range of selectable presets for the measuring speed distance and the pressure foot speed, as well as pressure feet diameters and weights, enable the unit to be configured to meet a specific test standard.
Capable of continuous or single testing, statistical analysis is automatically performed. Average, high, low and standard deviation are computed, displayed and can be printed.
The ProGage can operate in conjunction with other instruments or be controlled remotely through a computer terminal via a RS-232 port.
- Auto push-button zero control
- Dual speed setting for test cycle increases samples measured per minute
- Rigid mechanical design ensures zero and parallel stability
- Stores up to 99 samples — average, high, low and standard deviation
- Single or continuous cycling mode
- Push-button unit conversion — mils, microns, millimeters, inches
- Adjustable travel height of pressure foot
- PC compatible, RS-232 port Standard Pressure Feet:
- Paper Foot: 0.630” (16mm) Dia, 50.33 kPa
- Film Foot: 0.190” (4.83mm) Dia, 62.05 kPa
- Film Foot: 0.250” (6.35mm) Dia, 51.71 kPa
- Tissue Foot: 2.0” (50.8mm) Dia, 1.52 kPa
- Nonwoven Foot: 2.221” (56.4mm) Dia, 0.5 kPa
- Other feet can be made to meet a wide variety of sizes and weights.
ASTM D374, D1777, D645, D6988TAPPI T411, CPPA D.4, BS 3983, 4817,ISO 3034, EN 20534, SCAN P7, P31, P47,DIN 53105, 53353, EDANA 30.4-89. Can be configured to meet most thickness standards.
Data Acquisition Software
DAS Software provides the ability to capture thickness results and display statistics and a bar graph.
Data Acquisition Software (DAS) is a Windows® based optional software package that provides the ability to collect data and perform additional statistical analysis. DAS enables you to plot results real time against defined limits, generate semi-custom reports and export test data to other spread sheet packages for further management.
An automatic strip feeder is available for cross-reel profiling and roll or strip feeding. It can accommodate samples up to 7 inches (177.8 mm) wide. The distance the sample is fed between tests can be set from 0.1 to 19.9inches (2.5 to 505 mm). The feeder rate is3.33 inches/sec (84.6 mm/sec).
Dot Matrix Serial Printer
A formatted report can be printed on demand, showing test results, a statistical analysis for a group of tests and a profile graph.
A foot actuated control enables the user to start a test with one press of the foot switch there by keeping the hands free to insert test samples.