Tensile Tester Grips & Fixtures
Thwing-Albert offers a wide range of tensile testing grips, fixtures and accessories to outfit your universal materials testing machine. Grips listed below can be adapted to many manufacturers testing machines.
Don’t see what you are looking for?
We can manufacture custom tensile testing fixtures and grips for many testing applications.
The 733K tensile grips are back and designed to hold pulp handsheets, paper and paperboards, plastic films and other sheet materials for tensile testing.
90° Peel Fixture 1 kN (225 lbf) for the Vantage Tensile Tester Series
This fixture is used to meet ASTM D3354 Blocking Testing of Plastic Film.
Use this fixture to measure score quality of corrugated containers according to TAPPI T829 when attached to the 1270 PCA Score Bend Tester or the EJA Vantage Series Universal Testing Machine.
Universal Puncture Fixture, 200 N (20 kg, 45 lbf) [Part Number 796-2000]
Tissue Burst Fixture, 25 N (5.6 lbf).
Thwing-Albert's Vantage ZDT Tester is a compact, precision computer controlled instrument that measures the internal fiber bond strength of paper, paperboard, liner board and coated fine papers. Z-Directional force provides an indication of expected material performance relating to glue-bonding of carton corners and seams, delamination, and the use of high tack coatings.
- Fully automated instrument that performs sample compression, dwell time and ZDT
- The self-adjusting test platen ensures uniform tension is applied to pull the sample apart
- Adheres to Industry Standards: TAPPI T541 & ISO 15754
- The Vantage Compression/Softness Tester is a compact, PC-controlled instrument that provides an objective measure of material softness by evaluating sample loft, thickness, compressibility and structural softness
- Ideal for sheet materials including paper tissue, toweling, non-wovens and textiles.